* The molecule sucrose is made of three elements, namely Carbon, Hydrogen and Oxygen
* The actual combination is 12 atoms of carbon, 22 atoms of hydrogen, and 11 atoms of oxygen.
* Hence the chemical formula for Sucrose is C12H22O11.
* Properties of sucrose: it has a crystal-like structure, when it is exposed to high temperature (over 186oC), it will decompose by creating the caramel. It also dissolves in the water at a temperature of 20oC and in the ratio of 203.9g/100mL.
* Advantages/source of Sugar/Sucrose: Our bodies convert sugar into fuel quickly, unlike fats that are stored to be used later. Our body is designed to use glucose as the source of energy and is the only source of energy for the brain. Glucose/Sucrose is found mainly in carbohydrate foods like sugar, bread, rice, cereal, and potato.