My weather balloon is an essential source of meteorological data. It consists of the balloon itself that produces the lift and the payload with the computer that performs the actual measurements in the atmosphere. My payload design contains 5 major paper mockups of real components that were filled with pennies to model the actual weight of the whole payload:
1. Flight Computer that records temperature, pressure, and wind speed.
2. Battery Pack for computer.
3. GPS Tracker that allows tracking my payload.
4. Camera and mount that records video.
5. Audio Beacon and Battery that helps locate payload.
I made housing for my payload out of a recycled cartoon to make it stronger to hold the drop test.
I also made a ring connection (Single Attachment Point) for my payload to connect it to the string and to the weather balloon.
I drew a picture of a dove on my payload to symbolize peace in the whole world.
Thank you for your interest in contacting Future Engineers. We look forward to connecting with you!